Friday, December 5

Mutate


DSC00051.JPG, originally uploaded by Hobnobrob.

I Checked out the Mutate gallery in shoreditch last week. Some really good work on show by various street art pusher hustlers. There's loads more pics in my flickr....

Technically it was all good, but for me I, I felt like the street art scene hasn't moved on much since Banksy. It's all a bit apocolyptic, doom and gloom, artistic self harm style of subject matter. Fricking brighten up eh?

I don't know about you but I'd rather walk down a street and be confronted by something that makes me smile. Come to think of it, I can't remember the last time street art was on the street and not in a gallery.

Still I like this skull made of lots of pin badges.
...but would you hang it on your wall at home?

me neither.

No comments:

Post a Comment