Friday, March 21

Dalston Massive


Yes this has nothing to do with East Dulwich, but I do want to encourage people to venture further a field. Dalston, my former home is brilliant. It's a hub for Turks, Africans and trendy shoreditchers who've been pushed out by the city slickers. It has lots on offer; the Arcola theatre, the jazz bar, Barden's, a host of of the finest kebab shops this side of istanbul (my favourite is Umut 2000), plus there's a new edition to the many bizarre shops that can be found in Dalston; Hot Nuts. Can there really be a big enough demand for so many hot nuts? or is "Hot Nuts" just a front for money laundering or a turkish drug dealing? hmmmm.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    Weird, it looks like we did a swap. I moved from East Dulwich to Dalston in February.

    I like your blog, it's a nice way to jump South of the river for a quick browse from time to time.

    I also featured hot nuts on mine!

    Spencer

    Hot Nuts

    ReplyDelete