Tuesday, May 27

The Music Man


I've been meaning to plug this chap for a while. There is a music man who has a stall in Northcross Road's Market on a Saturday. I've stopped and chatted to him on a number of occasions to ogle his collection of CD's. Generally I've walked away guiltily knowing that I've just wasted his time, but I thought this should come to an end. And it did. So I bought "An England Story" on Soul Jazz records for about 8 quid. It's a real carnivalistic bass biscuit of a summer CD. The music man described it as "Raucous Throughout", I'd a agree. On the whole I'd give it 3.5/5, mainly because I'd have rather have original uptown top Rankin, rather than estelle's.

Moving on. You can bag all sort of super sounds from the music man. stuff from BBE Records, Soul Jazz Records, all sorts of jazz classics, soul, reggae, dub, obscure rarities, electronic, and my guilty pleasure; disco . Plus he's got loads of flyers for great stuff that hovers just on the horizon. Visiting this store reminds me of when I started getting into music, when I'd visit a chap in a record store in Huddersfield and he'd feed me music like dj shadows endtroducing, dj hype's super sharp shooter & DJ Qbert. Magic. And exciting.

Thanks Mr Music man. See you Saturday.

ps. To our neighbours who repeatedly play Justin Timberlake's "round and around" song. Go see the music man. you've got no excuse. shame on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment