Tuesday, May 27

'Tatey Salad?


I set off on my bike for the first time from East Dulwich to go to the Tate. I took the no 23 cycle route for the first time and I arrived at the Tate in no time at all. Piece of Cake. After wandering around outside looking at the street art on the walls of the Tate, I venture into the Turbine Hall to be greeted by a lot of people watching a giant salad being made. It was part of the Long Weekend program. I stood for about an hour watching a small orchestra play Mozart, lots of people chopping salad, then throwing it over the bridge into a big green canvas sheet, they mixed it up with spades and pitch forks before plating it up to us. It was surprisingly good, and I even managed to get a bit of cucumber in mine, whereas most people just got leaf. A few folk asked me what it was all about, poo pooing the bollocksy art. I had a few theories, but I think you have to work it out for yourself.
Or read the free newspaper you got and repeat what that said to them. I like art, and I like salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment